About Shannon K. Buerk
Educator turned entrepreneur, Shannon K. Buerk has emerged as a thought leader on educational leadership, organizational culture, and systems thinking. Due to her mission to shift the culture of public education, elevate teachers as talent, and modernize professional learning as a benefit — and her creation of a stellar culture in her own company, engage2learn — Shannon has been the recipient of numerous awards, including:
- 2022 Enterprising Women of the Year Award
- Gold 2018 Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year
- Gold 2017 Stevie Award for Most Innovative Woman in Education for Technology
- Silver 2018 Golden Bridge Award for Female Executive of the Year
- Texas Governor’s Small Business Award.
Shannon received her B.A. in Psychology from Schreiner University and her M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction from Portland State University. Shannon strongly believes that every human being has unique gifts that are intended to bring them fulfillment and joy and also to have a positive impact on the world around them. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband of 30 years. Her two adult children and their families live nearby and visit often, especially on family dinner nights.
Connect with Shannon: